There are some statistics to note in this article about honey. They are:
- To make one pound of honey, a honey bee would have to fly about 90,000 miles.
- A honey bee will produce one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- Bees are pollinators, and are responsible for cross-pollination, which helps crops and wild plants thrive.
- Bees pollinate more than $15 million a year in crops in the United States.
- In 2014, there were an estimated 2.7 million honeybee colonies in the United States.
- As of 2014, the number of colonies managed by human beekeepers was at the highest it has been in 20 years.
- Bee pollen is about 40% protein and is rich in amino acids.
- Since 2006, the retail price of honey has almost doubled.
- Honey b Continue reading